Wrestling Update 2/16

Sierra Pirkey, Staff Writer

As the season comes to an end, the Berthoud boy’s wrestling team shows a strong finish. The boy’s varsity team competed at conference last week, and finished their season with a bang. Many of the wrestlers finished strong in conference, with some even placing in the top 5 at the dual. Three of the boy’s top varsity wrestlers will be continuing their season by wrestling in the state tournament on February 17th through the 19th. Senior Tanner Coble will be visiting state for his first time after placing 3rd at conference. He is expected to have a strong finish at state, and we wish him the best of luck. Junior Evan Torres will also be making an appearance at the state tournament. He has had a great season this year, and placed 3rd at conference as well. We can’t wait to see how Evan Torres places at state, and we look forward to watching him continue his success next season. Junior Will Moneypenny will be the last of the boys to compete at state. He has had great success this season, and remains to be one of the top wrestlers in his class. Moneypenny has had experience wrestling at the state level, as he made his first appearance at the tournament during his freshman season. Will Moneypenny is one of the most seasoned wrestlers the team has, has a great shot at placing this year, and we wish him the best of luck. We wish our boys the best of luck this next weekend, and can’t wait to see their success!