Goodbye to My Best Friend

Sierra Pirkey, Staff Writer

Dear Mary Beth, 

I will never forget the moment I met you. Technically we met on the first day of cross country practice, but never really spoke to each other. The first time we actually met was in the IMC Freshman year. Another friend and I were headed up to the IMC to return a book and print out a paper for class. I saw you in the corner with your older sister and her friend and decided to approach you. I never felt the feeling of being the new kid but I decided to reach out. I invited you to come to sit in the commons with me, and since that day, you have been my best friend. I look back on the last four years and I am so happy that I met you that day. I really can’t imagine life without you. Since we met, you have been my complete support system. You have always been there for me, even during my worst moments, and have supported me through everything. You made sure to come to my softball games, bring me celebratory Dutch Bros after my signing ceremony, and always made me feel loved during my worse moments. I am so beyond blessed to have you as my best friend, and I can’t imagine life without you. 

I just wanted to let you know how proud I am of you. I am so excited that you are going to CSU next year and you are going to study to be a teacher. You are going to be such an amazing teacher, and I can’t wait to see you change kids’ lives. I will miss you so much next year, and can’t imagine going on a day without you by my side. Thanks for everything, Mary Beth. Always remember I am just a short 594 miles away, and will always pick up the phone when needed. I love you lots!!

-Sierra Pirkey