Should we pay for parking permits?

As a student, would you pay a $20 ticket to park at your own school.

Sidney Gerner, Editor-in-Chief

Kids at school are getting tickets for not having a parking pass. Most students at the school do have a parking permit. If a student doesn’t have one they can get one from a bar code which is displayed outside of the attendance office. If a student chooses not to get one they will either receive a ticket for $20, or some kids park on the side of the school where it isn’t considered school property. You can park on the south side of the school right before turning into the school. This way you won’t need a permit, and can’t get a ticket.

Students and staff are encouraged to get a parking pass because the school wants to know if students and staff are using the parking lot, or it other people in the community are using it. Students are getting mad at the admin for ticketing them. As an adult $20 may not be a lot of money, but to a kid it can be a lot of money, especially if they don’t have a job or money. The real question is what are they doing with all the money they are getting from the students who don’t have a pass?

Students and staff who attend their own school should not be required to get a parking pass, let alone a ticket, if they are parking at their own school. What will happen if staff or students stop getting these passes? Will everyone get a ticket, or will the parking permits go away?