Scholarship Application DUE Nov. 15, 4:00pm–Daniels Fund Scholarship

Sidney Gerner, Editor-in-Chief

High school seniors in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming are encouraged to visit the Daniels Fund website to apply for the Daniels Scholarship Program! The application deadline is Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. MST.

The Daniels Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for highly motivated students to earn a bachelor’s degree that helps them build a successful career and rewarding life. Daniels Scholars demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities. Bill Daniels would also want his scholars to be proud Americans who value our free enterprise system and are prepared to give the world their very best shot.

The scholarship is unique to each student and varies depending on their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and their choice of school. The scholarship pays up to $25,000 per year toward the student’s unmet need, after applying their EFC, other scholarships, and financial aid. Daniels Scholars may attend any accredited nonprofit college or university in the United States.

Eligibility requirements:

• Be a graduating high school senior in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
  • Be a resident of one of these four states and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
  • Earn a minimum 3.0 high school GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale)
  • Earn a minimum SAT Math score of 490 and a minimum Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of 490, or a minimum ACT score of 18 in each category (writing score not required). Super scoring is not accepted.
  • The applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $85,000 or less on the 2020 tax return on which the applicant appears. For claimed dependents beyond the applicant, there is an allowance for an additional $5,000 for each dependent or $15,000 for each additional dependent in college full-time.

For full details on the scholarship and to apply, visit DanielsFund.org/Scholarships. On our website, you will also find answers to frequently asked questions and additional promotional materials that can be downloaded and shared. Our staff is unable to offer presentations to individual high schools. However, we encourage you to show students the 18-minute video to the right for more information.